Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Weight:

Our next project will be on how to animate pushing/ lifting something heavy. I went and searched for some tips and I couldn’t find anything worth while so I decided to go and fine some good animation of characters lifting and pushing some thing heavy. I came across some of these animations:


I like the poses in this one; the character gets low and tries to lock out his arms but seems to be having a hard time. There is a great sense of weight in this animation.


This is another push animation and it is nice how the character changes his pushing grip around when the first one isn’t working. It makes the character seem like he was thinking.


This video has a lot of anticipation and it seems like goofy is thinking and trying to figure out what grip will work best. It looking like a pencil test but you still get the idea that the ball is heavy

For this project I think that the key poses are going to be very important I may have to animate the key frames, and then add the in-betweens instead of just animated straight ahead, like I normally do.

No comments:

Post a Comment