Sunday, October 24, 2010

Stop Motion:

This week’s project is a stop motion puppet. I have always liked stopped motion, I remember being young and seeing the Nightmare Before Christmas. It had a big impact on me. It looked like something that I had never seen before. Even if you know nothing about animation there is still something “real” about the way those characters move. They are not always the smoothest but they are always some how very organic. The characters in this film really come to life, it amazing what the animators can do with simple characters. My favorite parts of this film are the sets/props, and the amazing camera work.

This sequence has some impressive camera work:


 I am looking forward to animating my paper puppet; I just hope he stays together.

No comments:

Post a Comment